What We Do
The Artemis Agency is a full-service philanthropic advisory firm for the Entertainment Industry and beyond. With more than 60 years of experience serving the philanthropic community, the Artemis leadership team has worked within and on behalf of nonprofits, corporate foundations, and individuals with high profile platforms. When a client signs with Artemis, they have access to expertise in everything from program development and fundraising to event planning and large-scale advocacy.
Who We Are
Why Choose Artemis?
We speak the language of the entertainment industry. We are attuned to the uniquely sensitive nature of engaging and working with agencies, studios, and celebrity figures. Accordingly, we don’t just send a request to a gatekeeper and await a response from “the top”: we know how to successfully gain access to key individuals, to garner their attention, and to establish a fruitful relationship on our client’s behalf.
In today’s social landscape, good causes abound. Social media feeds are over-saturated with calls for support, and mainstream media floods consumers with never-ending declarations of need from every angle. In vying for the public’s attention, philanthropic organizations are continually challenged to distinguish themselves with fresh and creative efforts. Our experienced team has established our creative authority with a track record of memorable and lucrative campaigns, activations, and events. Our measurable successes in raising awareness and funds speak to the distinctiveness of our activations.
Fundraising is an essential component of growing and sustaining any philanthropic initiative. The Artemis Agency specializes in developing and executing a 360° fundraising strategy, from start-to-finish.
- Guided by our client’s specific objectives, needs, the Artemis team creates a multi-faceted fundraising plan that incorporates activations like online fundraising platforms, social media networks, retail opportunities, and brand partnerships.
- Wherever the execution of a fundraising plan requires, Artemis has the ability to move fast to design, manage and produce all aspects of an event.
- When the development of a board is required, we take a strategic approach to identifying and enlisting new members. By tapping into our broad network of high-net-worth individuals, foundations, and corporations, Artemis can maximize the collective wealth and influence of the resulting group.
EVENT STRATEGY & PRODUCTION
In addition to being a powerful vehicle for fundraising, an event is one of the most efficient ways to amplify a cause and engage a large audience.
- Our experienced team will help you conceptualize a memorable event experience that immerses your target audience in your organization and mission.
- Informed by your objectives and vision, our team will devise a comprehensive plan from execution, including sourcing of services from our network of trusted vendors, to any post-event fulfillment.
- Our end-to-end event strategy encompasses every layer of the guest experience, from digital platforms to the live event.
- Every event is produced with three priorities:
- Efficient and streamlined operations.
- Highly effective fundraising and outcomes.
- Unique experiences that captivate guests and reflect the soul and personality of your organization.
ADVOCACY & MESSAGING
Stimulating public interest in a cause requires establishing a compelling and consistent message and engaging the help of influential figures, both in and outside the political sphere, to amplify that message.
- Our team calls upon our decades of combined experience in non-profit brand-building to devise a powerful messaging strategy that will champion your cause in a way that resonates with key political influencers and captures the public’s interest.
- We craft an advocacy and messaging strategy to directly reflect the nature of the cause and the client’s objectives, whether that translates to mobilizing on grassroots level or engaging the influence of high-level political figures.
- Artemis’ far-reaching relationships in the political community make it possible for our team to effectively connect with the influencers who are best positioned to advocate for your cause. Whether working with Capitol Hill, communicating your issue to local politicians, or engaging prominent activist voices.
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
Digital platforms make it possible for organizations to engage millions of people, including the socially active millennial population, with unprecedented efficiency. Maximizing the potential of these communication platforms is a core competency of Artemis consultants.
- We are experts in creating robust, multi-faceted digital campaigns that are tailored to the client’s cause, goals, and vision.
- We deliver a complete digital strategy that incorporates a variety of methods to drive engagement, including unique hashtags, interactive campaigns, and viral video.
- Our planning process ensures that our digital and social media campaigns are both original and highly effective. We start with a “landscape analysis” to determine which social platforms to leverage, and we look at what has already been done by similar campaigns within those platforms.
- Throughout the execution of a digital campaign, we provide measurement and reporting to quantify and demonstrate our success in driving public awareness.
Born This Way Foundation sought to create a campaign around kindness that could influence policy makers, galvanize a global audience to understand the issue, and create a platform that called all stakeholders to action.
Through the successful execution of the event plan, Born This Way Foundation was featured at the U.S. Annual Conference of Mayors in Indianapolis, IN, where Lady Gaga took the stage with His Holiness the Dalai Lama and philanthropist Phil Anschutz.
Events & Activations
What We Achieved
- Identified a high-profile opportunity that could showcase the client and highlight the cause to as wide an audience as possible.
- Managed all logistics related to the opportunity, including run of show, development of copy and talking points, and artist advance and day-of movements.
- Created content for, and provided oversight of online activations.
- Managed social media and supported press activations.
- Supported post-event follow up to ensure that messaging was consistent, participants were engaged, and commitments were fulfilled.
- 3,790,000 views of Lady Gaga’s interview with the Dalai Lama on Facebook Live
- 574,861 views of Lady Gaga’s panel discussion with the Dalai Lama and Phil Anschutz over Facebook Live and YouTube
- 2.7 billion press impressions
- 250 Mayors in attendance, including Mayor Bill De Blasio (New York) and Mayor Eric Garcetti (Los Angeles)
- The conference passed a resolution that all U.S. mayors would commit to a collective 100 Billion acts of kindness across their cities
Represent Us sought to hold an event that would increase their west coast presence and expose their work to Hollywood influencers, with the goal of leveraging the entertainment community to better educate the public about the role of private money in democracy.
Through the successful execution of the event plan, Represent Us presented their campaign to an audience of nearly 200 people. Among those audience members were a number of high-profile celebrities, including Jennifer Lawrence, Adam McKay, Steve Carell, David O. Russell, Mohamed Hadid, and Slim Bouricha.
Events & Activations
- Secured the event location, reserving a private estate that ideally met the event’s requirements in terms of both layout and luxury.
- Generated a short list of celebrity and ultra-high net worth individuals invitees who have both a personal connection to the cause and the influence necessary to generate awareness and funds for it.
- Managed all logistics associated with the event, including coordinating site setup, securing catering and rentals, and providing day-of management and production supervision for live appearances.
- Managed guest lists and handled all guest communications, including follow up.
What We Achieved
- Effectively fostered engagement and support from the high-profile celebrities and entertainment industry leaders who were in attendance
- Event exceeded fundraising goals
- Success of the event led to immediate requests for replication in other cities.